In the United States, there are more than 41 million professional photographers. There are a similar number of photo editing companies. Whether you take your images yourself, have a friend or family member take your photos for your or go with a professional photographer, you should make sure you know who is handling all of the photography post production services. Sometimes your professional photographer will do it but many of them will outsource this part of the jobs they get to companies that handle photo editing services for photographers. This is especially true for wedding photo editing and real estate photo editing. If you are looking for invisible mannequin options for your products, you need to know who will be doing the editing and feel comfortable that they are up to the task.
- Talk to people you know. If you are a clothing retailer or manufacturer, you probably know other people in the industry. They most likely also have the need to put out catalogues and put their products on their websites. Ask who they used. Ask who took their images and who did the editing to get that ghost mannequin effect. When it comes to creating the invisible mannequin look, the process after the images are taken is as important as getting the right photos in the first place. Getting a good photo editing service can make all of the difference for your products.
- Do some research online. Do an online search for these companies in your area. Look at Yelp and Angie’s List to get feedback on the different photographers and the photos editing services that do this kind of work. There are a lot of companies out there that specialize in different aspects of photo editing. For example, there are a lot of companies who do most of their work with weddings and realtors. The online advertising market brings in profits of about $149 billion every year so you also have a number of experts in creating the invisible mannequin look to choose from.
- Check their website. Check out the website of the companies you are considering hiring. They should have some examples of their work on their website. They also probably have testimonials from current and past clients. Look them up if you can. If they have testimonials from other retailers or manufacturers that needed the invisible mannequin look, check them out. It can be very easy to make up testimonials. You need to do you due diligence to get the right company for your needs.
- Look at their portfolio. Ask for the company’s portfolio. They may use their website to market to clients who are looking for different services such as portraits or wedding images but have a lot of experience with invisible mannequin photos. Ask them what they have that is similar to the job you need done. That can get you access to a different set of work samples. If you find a photographer or photo editor whose work you like but you do not see anything like what you need, ask the company.
- Talk to references. Most reputable companies will have no problem giving you the contact information for current and former clients. Talking to people who have worked with the photo editing company can give you the best sense for what it is like to work with them. They also may have some advice for having the best experience with them. If they balk at giving you references or any samples of work that is similar to what you need done, you should make it a point to keep looking for a company to hire.
- Ask about their tools and software. Even if you do not think you know enough about photography to ask about equipment, it is worth asking. There are people out there who think that they can use the basic software that came with their computer and a basic camera. You do not want that. To get the best images, the company that takes your images and who edits it needs to have professional software and equipment.
Take your time, do some research and you will hire the right company for your needs and your ad campaign..