It is that time of the year again and baseball fans around the nation are looking for ways to get tickets to games. There are a lot of ways to save money when you buy sports tickets. The baseball season is a long one and that alone can make it a great way to buy sport tickets for less money.
Brad’s Dealsandnbsp;has put together a list of ways that fans can save some green when they are going out to see their favorite teams. In fact, it is often easy to get these tickets for far below the face value.
- Wait to get baseball tickets for sale. Unlike airline tickets, waiting to the last minute is a cost effective way to buy cheap baseball tickets. Because it is mostly the real die hard fans who buy sport tickets early, they often get charged more. By waiting until the season has already officially started, you can save a good deal of money on your tickets. Most of the time, teams do set aside a number of same day tickets so people can walk up and buy sport tickets and also get the sports tickets online.
- Take advantage of the early games. This is an especially good strategy for people who live in colder climates. Fewer people tend to want to go to the games played at the beginning of the season than to mid and later summer or fall games. As a consequence, there are more tickets available to fans. Brad’s Deals reports that StubHub has very good deals on many of these early season games in cities like Chicago, Minneapolis and Boston.
- Head out to the ballpark during the week. The majority of people who enjoy going out to the ballpark, do it on the weekend. Brad’s Deals is reporting the most expensive days to enjoy a game are Friday and Saturday while the best days to get a good deal on your tickets are Tuesday and Wednesday. Another trick is to take off during the day and enjoy an afternoon at the park.
- Head over to the resale market and buy on the day of the game. Season ticket holders will often sell their tickets on Ticketmaster, Ticket Exchange or StubHub. This tickets are sold at great prices and if you wait until close to game day, you may find even better prices. The closer to the date of the game, the better your prices will be as people have tickets they have no plan or ability to use.
- Get to know someone who has season tickets of their own. This may not be the most reliable way to go about getting your cheap seats but it does work. Season tickets are sold in packages. Most people are not going to be able to use all of their tickets so they sell them off at great prices or will just give them to you. You might want to chat up your friends who have them and offer to buy the tickets that they are not going to use. Many people use sports tickets websites to sell their unusable seats.
- Try going to smaller teams’ games. If you are going to your home town team, pick a game where they are not playing the New York Yankees or Los Angeles Dodgers. Check out a time when the Oakland A’s are playing or check out the Minnesota Twins. Those can be really great games and will cost a mere fraction of the cost.
Baseball is one of the best sports for families to attend because it is so much more affordable than the other sports. It may be hard to get a family of four into a football game for anything less than an arm and a leg but baseball is fun and accessible to many people around the country. You can lower your ticket prices even more if you plan your visit to the ballpark strategically. This tips will help you buy sport tickets for a lot less cash.